The Madisonian

The student news site for Madison Consolidated High School

The Madisonian

The Madisonian

It is the policy of Madison Consolidated Schools not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, handicap, or age, in its programs or employment policies as required by the Indiana Civil Rights Act (I.C. 1971, 22-9-1); Public Law 218 (I.C. 1971, Title 20); Titles VI and VII (Civil Rights Act 1964); the Equal Pay Act of 1973; Title IX (1972 Education Amendments): Public Law 94-142; and Public Law 93-112, Section 504. This application will be given every consideration, but its receipt does not imply that the individual will be hired.

MCHS Boys Track Primed for Success

Coaches attribute culture to budding success

The 2024 Madison Cubs Track and Field boys have commenced their season. Coach Holcroft anticipates a competitive and successful year. “An expectation of mine is to reach another state final and to have a full bus to take to regionals.”

The Cubs are enthusiastic about starting the season strongly and have been diligently working towards their goals to break some records in the upcoming season.

“I am most excited about our performance in the four by eight hundred relays, to see what I can achieve as an individual, and to strive for a school record,” senior Logan Ferris said.

The team boasts excellent talent across the board but has only lost a few seniors from the previous 2023 season.

“We lost Chip Cox, who contributed significantly in terms of points and talent. We also lost a couple of other guys. However, overall, many of our top guys are returning, which will make it an exciting year,” Holcroft said.

Coach Holcroft and Sandlin believe that the culture the Cubs have created is very welcoming and fosters a hard-working environment.

“A culture where guys come in and work hard. We aim to excel not just for Madison but also for our area and to compete at the state level,” Sandlin said.

“All the guys who were with us last year have returned, so it’s a great culture. The kids enjoy it. Some of the new guys are realizing that track is a sport where you can be relaxed but still competitive,” Holcroft exclaimed.

Although many consider track and field a secondary sport, it is beginning to hold more significance for some Cubs than they initially anticipated. Junior Jason Cosby said, “It didn’t mean much to me at first, but it’s starting to grow on me, and I’m looking forward to this season and improving in the events I’m participating in.” This marks Cosby’s first year in track and field, and he plans on participating in throwing, long jumping, and the 100-meter and 200-meter events.

The Madison Consolidated Cubs Track and Field team has diligently prepared during the off-season and is eager to compete. The first official outdoor meet of the season is scheduled at home on April 4th at 5:15 pm.