Last Second (and Gag) Christmas Gift Ideas for the Teenager in your Life

Image via potatoparcel.com

Kristen Leach, Staff Reporter

High school is a time in one’s life where you might have a job, might be preparing for college, or might just be grinding to keep up those grades. No matter where you’re at in life, no one is denying that Christmas is still the best time of year for many. Of course students look forward to the long break, but deep down everybody wants that “golden” present for Christmas. With Christmas just around the corner, let’s see what the top four presents students of MCHS are adding to their list this year:

• Money        

We had a lot of students tell us one thing they’re looking for this Christmas is just some cold hard cash. Of course, so they can spend it on gifts of their own choosing. If you’re in a bind trying to find the perfect present for a friend or family member, just throw a few bucks their way. Everyone wants a little extra spending money!

• Clothes

It seems like each year there’s a new fashion trend, and now more than ever, teenage life seems to be somewhat centered around fashion from Bohemian to vintage to casual. No matter the style, it seems that MCHS students are looking forward to updating their wardrobe this Christmas.

• Electronics

Specifically the new iPhone X as well as the new XBox One. It’s not surprising that many kids have added some sort of electronic device or gaming console to their wish lists this year. Forbes states that Black Friday is the best time to get your Apple products such as the iPhone, MacBooks, and iPads from stores such as Walmart, Best Buy, and Target.

• Red Dead Redemption 2

MCHS guys have an almost eery excitement for the new Read Dead Redemption which was released October 26, 2018. If they haven’t gotten the game, it’s sure to be a favorite for Christmas. The action-adventure game is the third entry in the series. The western-themed video game stars a new protagonist outlaw named Arthur Morgan. If you enjoy action games or western-themed games, many students recommend it!

Finally some quirky gift ideas for the quirky person in your life..

• Leg Lamp from ‘A Christmas Story’

Everyone has seen or at least knows of the iconic movie A Christmas Story. Almost every American over the age of eight likely recognizes the image of one particularly sultry leg lamp as they’re envisioning the movie. You can find these leg lamps from many different stores and in many different sizes ranging from 4 inches to 40 inches.

• Yodeling Pickle

Yodel-ay-hee-what? Yes, a yodeling pickle. This quirky stocking stuffer sings a savory alpine tune. If you want to surprise your friend with the unexpected gift, this is perfect and definitely something they won’t see coming.

• Grow a Boyfriend/Girlfriend

Do you have a friend in need of love? Companionship? Well look no further, we found the most practical gift for the lonely yet lovable people in your life! Grow your own boyfriend/girlfriend for anywhere from 2 to 7 dollars. If you want to make a friend or family member laugh this Christmas, this is a perfect cheap, funny, and also pg-13 gag gift.

• Potato Gram
Image via potatogram.com

If you love sending letters and love potatoes, you need the Potato Gram! Send out personalized photos or words of endearment on an actual potato and you can have it sent to loved ones. It’s a simple yet unexpected Christmas gift that anyone would get a kick from.