Top Recruit, Williamson, Decides; What’s Next for Romeo?

Zion Williamson via sports.yahoo.com

Will Davis, Sports Writer

The No. 2 overall player for the 2018 basketball class, Zion Williamson, has declared the school in which he plans to attend next year. The South Carolina native won’t have to travel far as he will be part of the Duke Blue Devils’ basketball team next year. He will be joining R.J. Barrett and Cam Reddish, the number one and three ranked players in the grade, respectively. This marks the first time in ESPN’s Top 100 rankings that the top three players have gone to the same school. Another top recruiting class for legendary Duke basketball coach Mike Krzyzewski featuring four of the top twelve players, helps solidify the perennial powerhouse that Duke is known to be.

Only one player, Indiana guard Romeo Langford, is left uncommitted in the top 10. Number five in the ESPN 100, the New Albany Bulldog is undecided, but appears to be down to his final three schools: Kansas, Indiana, and Vanderbilt. Vanderbilt seems like a strange choice for a top recruit, yet Langford would be joining the 11th and 13th players in the class at the SEC school. Kansas and IU provide a strong recruiting class as well, which will lead to an intriguing decision. It will be interesting to see where Romeo picks to continue his career as Madison basketball fans had the pleasure to watch him play against our Cubs throughout his high school career.

Via scout.com