An Introduction to Incoming MCHS Principal Michael Gasaway

MCHS Principal Michael Gasaway

Jaleesa Elliott, Staff Editor

Changes are underway at Madison Consolidated High School. One such change is the hiring of Mr. Michael Gasaway as MCHS principal. On April 28,  Gasaway was officially hired to fill the vacant spot of principal next school year. He was approved by the board of administrators in a special session that also saw the hiring of  a new MJHS administrator and MJHS counselor.

Coming from the assistant principal position at Fivay High School in Hudson, Florida, Gasaway believes he is ready to take the next step of becoming principal and seems extremely excited about his new acquired position.

“There’s very few jobs that I would even consider coming back to Indiana for. When I saw that this was open, it was very easy to apply for. I’m super excited to be here,” Gasaway said.

Gasaway is an Indiana native from Muncie. He attended Ball State University and graduated with a B.S. in Business Education with various certificates, and also received his M.A. in Education Leadership from IUPUI. Gasaway is married and has a daughter that will be attending the junior high. He also has a background in athletics as he has held various athletic positions from varsity basketball and baseball coach to athletic director. Now, he will be the man in charge this coming school year.

“It’s not about the title or the position for me; it’s how you treat people, and you do what’s best for the students.”

A major point of emphasis for Gasaway will be to try to capitalize on preparing the students to compete in a competitive world.

“If you go to Madison and graduate on time and do the right thing, then you’re going to be in a great position to beat out the competition.”

Gasaway will take over for Kevin Yancey who has been promoted to Alumni Coordinator. Yancey has been MCHS principal for seven years.